It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Western Tent Caterpillar Moth on our nightlight



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

We have Gypsy Moths in Michigan - I squish the caterpillars when I see them, as they destroy acres of woods in a heartbeat! Ugh! Love your goats, by the way!

LV said...

What an interesting post. That is one reason I enjoy visiting others as you find so many creative things. By the way, thanks for dropping by post today. I have a bill water bill, but I enjoy my yard more.

Madeline's Album said...

The colors on this moth are great it almost looks like a piece of the light. Have a great day.

Jo said...

I have always found moths as interesting as butterflies in their own unique way have a beauty all of their own...... But then I sort of march to the beat of a different drummer as you know.

:o)