It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Manzanita Grove in Winter



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yes manzanita, so pretty, so vile. It is a beautiful tree in its own right nonetheless we have cleared most of it off of our small property.

Madeline's Album said...

The manzanita bush is so beautiful. As a young girl I remember crawling around under them when we were hunting mushrooms. As a young married couple my husband and I had a manzanita bush for a Christmas tree, it was quite unusual, painted white, strands and strands of tinsel. I am going to have to go through my old photos to see if I may have a picture of it. Have a great day

Jan Ely said...

These are gorgeous photos!

Roslyn Atwood said...

The manzanita's are beautiful, they are in the mountains of AZ too, Payson srea.
Roslyngobubr