Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grape Thoughts

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place.

The grape vines are producing with vigor this year. I think we might have enough to make wine but this is not our goal. We have planted them for beauty and for eating. I wish I could send the fragrance and the taste of these grapes to you with this post. It's the wonderful taste of summer. These grapes are "good in the first place" and would make great wine.


Wisdom does not come automatically. As with growing grapes, it takes effort and time. I know that there is a certain amount of nurturing and care to achieve a final product. Before all of this, there has to be acceptance and love for what you do. It's an effort that produces insight. It's the reward.... after you water and care for the soul of things.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. The grapes look delicious. It brought back memories of my dad making wine. He had a huge vat in the basement where he but the crushed grapes in and let them age until the wine was ready. I remember going with him when he would buy the grapes. Those were the good old days. Have a blessed day and enjoy the grapes. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post today - I enjoy your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.