Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, December 6, 2008

TRUST

One frosty morning I found this bumblebee on a mum in the lower garden. It was cold, wet and not moving or flying.








So I reached down and held my hand close to it and ,amazingly, it crawled up onto my hand.
I walked back up to the house and put it on a rose near my front porch. It was warmer there and drier.




In an hour or so I went back to see if it was all right and the bee was gone. I sat on the porch and, as I listened to the beginnings of the day, I thought I heard a small voice somewhere say,"Thank you, Farmlady."

"You're welcome, Bumblebee."
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. In that last pic it looks like he is 'licking' your hand. Maybe for a bit of saltiness. I love those big bunblebees, how wonderful that you could lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how totally cool is that! I think I might would do something like that... but not in the summer... remind me to show you pictures of MONTY he was drowning in my pond last year and I held him in my hands until he warmed up then set him free to go become a beautiful moth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are cronicling these encounters that you have with wild critters digitally, Elly Mae. Otherwise I fear people would think you were a bit loopy when you told them the stories. You just have that air about you that tells all of us wild thangs that you can be trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amazing. My husband is not afraid of bees either. We have big bumbles that look like little fat bears they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls love to come to the aid of tired bees -- all sorts. A drop of sugar water revives them and they are on their way. We are a haven for bees. I have planted oodles of lavender and they LOVE it as a side dish to rose nectar.

    Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.