Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, July 14, 2008

Wine & Art Summer Social 2008


Friday evening our gourd club had a table on the sidewalk at the Amador Wine & Art Summer Social. The event was from 5 to 8 p.m. It was a lovely evening. The heat and smoke were not the issue we thought they would be. The temperature was 10 degrees cooler than Wed and Thurs. The smoke was not too bad and everyone was having a great time. There was live music that made you want to dance, which many people did. All the local wineries were there, and for $15.00 you got a commemorative Amador City glass and this entitled you to taste wine from one end of town to the other. All the shops were open and the whole evening was very mello (probably because of all the wine tasting).

I just love Amador City. I've said this before. It's the quintessential "gold rush" town. Lots of old buildings, old mining remains, and some really nice folks. You can just feel the history here. I love the stores here; especially the Bell Flower Home & Garden. I want that big bird in my yard. Not only does the owner have a wonderful assortment of garden art, but he also has VERY reasonable prices. We bought our iron fence here and it was a "deal".

We sold some gourds, talked a lot, and watched the smokey (but beautiful) sun set over the western foothills. It was a lovely evening and a good time was had by all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tour of the festival. I have often said I was born out of my time. I would have loved to have lived during the time of the gold rush and been a part of the excitement it created. But it didn't happen....(at least that I am aware of). The Bell Flower Lawn and garden look like just the place for me. I love garden art.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.