Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Agony of Defeat

I went to see my grandson's last game of the season. It wasn't going very well and this picture says it all.
So, before the last inning, Evan's brother, Andrew, stepped in and gave him a pep talk. I love this.
Evan sat on his dad's lap while his brother talked to him. I didn't hear what was said.
They ate some sunflower seeds and I saw Evan shake his head up and down every once in a while.
Finally Andrew said something funny and Evan laughed. It was all good... and even thought they didn't win the game, Evan went back out with his team and finished the game.
I love this wonderful, not always perfect, relationship they have with one another.
This makes my heart happy.

9 comments:

  1. No love like a siblings love... they can knock you down but then they always pick you up again when the going is really rough. I think the Beans have a wonderful connection and a wonderful family that encourages that connection. Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice that your youngest grandson has a big brother to help him over the rough spots. Sorry they lost the game but glad that brotherly love was there. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt they have their misunderstandings, but brotherly love handles things well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect example of a picture paints a thousand words. They are delightful - as I'm sure the boys are, too. I feel for Evan - it's hard to keep your chin up when things are going wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is happy too. Thank you for that! Love T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big brother certainly did zoom in with some kind of good energy; heart goes a long way in this world. Your family is blessed to have two grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and wonderful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.