Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Living a Poem

Winter still hangs inside of me
like the branches of a low tree, like the cold in my chest.
But, this morning, the bluebirds came ...
They tried to tell me.
 How the seasons change....that I mustn't fuss about little things.
They bathed and left.

Then a new bird sang outside my window.
A sweet high sound.
Solitary and pure.
I listened.
I heard a voice, this time.
And I smiled.


CC-2012

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!
    Beautifully written.

    I want bluebirds...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, its been snowing here all day...early spring is not DOA under about 4 inches on the way to 6 or 8...and i just saw pretty flowers yesterday...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that was good
    enjoyed the whole thing...every line
    but those bathing beauties...!!
    i checked our bluebird box in Galena...stuffed with wren junk...next week i need to clean it out...and maybe put a birdbath neat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a lovely post. The blue birds taking a bath in the bird bath was nice. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice :)

    I came over to see what you're up too and about to get off of this machine and now I want to write LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely, Great Picture too. Take it easy till the cold lets go

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.