It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Fried Green Tomatoes.. before frying.

6 comments:

Whosyergurl said...

I LOVE fried green tomatoes!

xo, Cheryl

Brian Miller said...

oo nice...enjoy dinner...smiles.

Chef E said...

I'm hungry now!

Teri said...

I have the same thing here. I picked a few and have them sitting in a basket. Maybe they will turn red on their own. But if not...fried green is good with me. And do you use Panko too? I love it. So crunchy!

jojo said...

Happens to be a great dinner side and my favourite movie too!

Madeline's Album said...

My husband and I both like fried green tomatoes. Have a blessed day. Madeline