Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Frozen Beauties




Woke up to 26 degrees this morning. This is a big deal for parts of the lower California Foothills. Before the sun melted the frost, the dogs and I dashed outside with my Canon Power shot A520 and took these pictures. I love this old camera. It's a trooper and proves that less expensive cameras can capture the moment just as well as the expensive ones. (My Nikon was out of power. Must remember to plug it in before tomorrow.)



A frosted world of loveliness beckoned, in lieu of the snow I had hoped for. I'm trying to appreciate the beauty that is, rather than what was hoped for. It's not hard to do early in the morning on the day before Thanksgiving.
Matilda thinks otherwise. She had that look that said...."Damn, it was cold last night. I think I just laid a frozen egg."
Time to make Cranberry sauce and cookies for tomorrow.
Have a great day....

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm, cranberry sauce and cookies and it sounds like the perfect kind of day to stay in and bake. I am glad you got out there this morning and took those stunning photos while the frost was still on the leaves and the flowers.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow:)
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frozen eggs! Yikes...cannot think of what to use those for...but the chickens, hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plants touched with frost are so interesting. You certainly got out there at the right time.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite time of year, so seeing these gorgeous photos has put a big ol' grin on my face!

    A few days back,Josh said they had a couple of inches of snow... but while we were "chatting" he said that it had just started to rain, and all the snow had already melted away. Much more to come though - I'm sure!

    Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely frosted photos. Glad you were able to catch the beauty of mother nature. Have a blessed evening and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Foothills Dweller!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the frosty photos! There is much to be grateful for, all we have to do is look around us right?! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving C..;j

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the last photo!! Made me almost spit my coffee out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plants and flowers look like they have been "sugared." They are so very pretty! Hope you have been enjoying your grandson's activity! LOL
    Our son is in Mariposa and he said it has gotten into the 20's. brrrr..... We have had chilly nights too. Busy trying to get out the Xmas decorations. At this rate, it will be New Year's by the time I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.