It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Photos that go with the post below...



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

susanc said...

I have cousins who lived in Twain-Harte, Angels Camp and Placerville. It's been a long time since I've been up that way, but it is so pretty!

Chicken Boys said...

That's a little better. I thought it was my computer.
~Randy

Roslyn said...

I am always glad to see that you are home again Farmlady, I miss your posts.

Karen Deborah said...

I think I've been there!