Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm back home

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved..loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
~Victor Hugo~
***********************

I came home with an awful head cold. I'm recuperating and letting the Prospector and the dogs spoil me.
I left my dear daughter-in-law, Robbin, standing and walking... and living without taking large amounts of medications. She is over the big "after surgery" hump. The fibroid tumor is out and she is feeling really good. Everything is going to be OK. I left when I knew that the only thing I was going to be able to give her was MY COLD. So, I came home.
I will write more about my many hours at the Pleasant Hill playground and the drive thru at MacDonald's in a few days. My age is showing and the "Noni is resting" sign is hanging on my door.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.
****************************************************


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear one of you is improving. She was lucky they found the tumor and it turned out good. One problem is bad enough, but you have to top it off with a nasty cold. Trust you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy that everything came out all right!!!
    and yes, it ain't so easy anymore at those playgrounds....
    Happy V day to you too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been waiting to hear from you. So glad Robbin is getting better and so sorry to hear you are sick. It sure takes it out of you the older we get. Hugs and rest for you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad to (finally) hear that it was only a fibroid tumor!!! I know you are all relieved. Tell Robbin not to make the same mistake I did 2 weeks after my hysterectomy-------I thought I was doing really well until I tried to show my son how to do a "hop, shuffle, ball change". YEEOWWEE!!
    Now, as to you, you poor little thing. You are having entirely too many colds. STOP IT! I'm glad to hear that the Prospector, Carl & Cutter are spoiling you. Milk it for all it's worth.
    Sending you my heart dear Valentine. ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome home you...hope you are feeling better soon enough...and so glad that things turned out as good as they did.... have a very happy valentines day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back home but so sorry to hear that you have a nasty cold. So glad Robbin is doing well. Prayers once again were answered. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  7. whew! I was beginning to worry about you and your family...glad to hear it all turned out fine, except for your cold of course. Can't wait to catch up with your Bean antics! Rest and relax now...light and love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all is well with your DIL. You need to take it easy and get your energy back. Hope you have the warmth of the sun and its warmth to help you feel better. It's gray and cold here. brrrr.....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.