Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Who Said This?


"Something whispered something that was not even a word.
It was more like a silence that was understandable.

I was standing at the edge of the pond.

Nothing living, what we call living, was in sight.
And yet, the voice entered me,
my body, with so much happiness.

And there was nothing there
but the water, the sky, the grass."


(A poem from Mary Oliver's new book ~Red Bird~)


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I adore Mary Oliver. I will have to look for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely poem. The pictures are just great, I could picture myself standing my the pond. Very nice post. Have a great day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Love the poem. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.