Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vintage Thursday

This silk scarf, from England, was in a pile of old scarves at my favorite thrift store. The colors caught my eye and the price sold me.
The scene is a fox hunt. I always hope that the fox gets away. Those dogs are like Mokeboy, so it's not likely. The colors are what caught my eye. The blues, the dark red and the browns are bright and clear. This scarf is in beautiful condition except for a ring right in the middle from a glass or vase which you can hardly see. It had a $4.00 price tag on it. I didn't haggle the price.
It's so different than the usual scarves I seen. I guess I could wear it, but I'm not a scarf person. For now I will drape it over a small iron table next to my sofa and think about the English countryside and an old, beloved hound dog when I look at it.


Go to Colorado Lady's blog for more Vintage things and enjoy the other blogs that participate. Have a wonderful day!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Oh that is such a lovely shade of blue! I probably wouldn't wear it either...I think its perfect right where you have it!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scarf, my Momma would have tied it around her neck..lol..she was a scarf lady, loved dressing up or dressing down with scarves. The colors are spectaular. Love the lamp you have setting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your scarf. I'd use it on a table, also.

    Some visitors are getting a "stack overflow" message when they visit my blog. To fix it, try emptying your Temp or Temp Internet folder. Or switch to Firefox as your browser. Just passing on the info in case it happens to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very lovely scarf. I hope you enjoy it and that it will not make you sad when you see the dogs that look like your beloved dog you lost. Have a good day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vintage post. I love the colors and really like the illustration of the fox hunt. And not a bad price as well, great.

    Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vintage stuff!! This is my first VTT and its been great fun looking at all your blogs.Lovely scarf!
    Have a great Easter and blessings to all
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scarf. I think it looks lovely just where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its beautiful. I like it as a table cover... very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, how pretty. The colors are so vivid..I love it. Happy VTT and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute tablecloth! Nothing beats vintage fabric, especially kitchen fabric :). Thanks for stopping by my blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colorful accent for your home. I'm not a scarf person either and would rather enjoy it on display.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely! I too love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely colour! so blue.. thanks for sharing & happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous scarf! what a great find and the photos in the previous post are spectacular! ZOWIE WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty print. I just love old English hunting scenes. I like the old paintings as well, don't you?

    You really don't see women wearing scarves anymore do you? At least not that style. My grandmother sure did!
    Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks perfect diplayed on your round table :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.