Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lavender from an Old Goat

Look what I got at the post office yesterday. Guinnias, the "new" old goat at Apifera Farm sent me dried lavender all wrapped up with a note and a wonderful stamp. Guinnias has come from a rescue farm to live out his days at Apifera. He is a very old and wise goat who needed a home and the wonderful owners of Apifera Farm up in Oregon have taken him in (with the help of some of us who love old goats too and want the best for them.) In return he sent lavender. Wasn't that sweet of him? Thank you sweet old goat.
I put some of it outside my front door in a hanging bucket. It's so pretty. Now, everytime I go through the door I can smell the lavender and think of Guinnias and how happy he will be when he settles in to his new life. Every old goat needs a home.

This is a closeup of the stamp. Isn't it wonderful?
Guinnias , all of us here at 3 Dog Farm wish you peace, sunshine and a happy life.
Love; the Prospector, Farmlady, the dogs (Mokie & Maggie), the goats(Bart, Brownie, Murphy & Freckles) and the chickens.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.