Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spooky changes?

I took both these photos of the old druid last night on my walk down the hill. One with a flash and one without. Look at the difference! I tell you: This tree has something going on that has always seemed altered in some way. I know that Halloween is coming. I know that I've been emersed in Halloween decorations for my gourds, but the contrast between these two pictures is amazing to me. The weather is changing and there is a different sharp edge to the evening fragrance of early Fall. I'm drawn away from what it is that I have to do and I'm drawn out into the wonders of this new season that speaks to me of change. I loose my focus and my favorite old oak tree is playing Hocus Pocus.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That is one spooky difference in your tree. I wonder if it is the residence of some special spirits. Perhaps some prospectors that didn't live long enough to enjoy the fruits of their labor. I bet Murphy could tell the story on some night of the full moon. Ahhhh to only know how to speak 'Goat'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats is a fantastic oak tree... I just love its character~ Its in the 90's here again today I do wish FAll was here ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Farmlady...just stumbled across your blog and enjoyed your most recent posting as well as some of the older ones I looked at. From your profile, it looks like you and I have a lot in common. I live on 100 acres at the end of what used to be a gravel road (recently paved, but still not very traveled) here in Kentucky. Love your gourd work too. We grow them here and I've recently enjoyed trying to paint and work with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures of a grand old oak tree that if it could talk would have many tales to tell.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.