Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Magic Metamorphosed Moth ,"Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the marigolds":

There you were, on my walk yesterday, spread out on the ground, looking like a small rock or leaf.
I almost stepped on you, little one. My eyes don't see as well as they use to and sometimes I don't see things for what they are. We had a moment didn't we? How often have you let a human being touch you? Did I smell different? Was I a monster in your eyes? I don't think so. You crawled onto my hand as if you knew me...., or were you just being brave?
In your former life, as a inch worm, I read that you are a pest and chew on trees and shrubs. Well, I guess that metamorphosis is a wonderful thing for you: Letting go of all those bad habits and becoming something new and beautiful. I wish we could all do that. Some say we can.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to make that connection of how we all have the ability to change..

    I enjoyed visiting your blog. I felt right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want you to know your link to my blog does not work. If you click on my name in this comment, it goes right to me and then to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry castlewon. I don't know what's wrong. I can't email you either. I tried again tonight and it didn't work, so I will start troubleshooting and see if I can come up with some answers.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.