Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, March 1, 2013

Gold is where you find it.

This is my spot.
And nobody better touch it.

Except, of course, the Prospector, who helps me dig, as we try to find the illusive Mother Lode.
It's here somewhere. We just have to move some rocks, classify and pan our little hearts out.

Yea, it was a busy day yesterday.


OK. We didn't move this much rock. It was already there. Dug out for a pond on private property.  But we would have if we could have.Where's a dredge when you need one? Ask a lawyer in the city. Ask the state of California who put a stop to dredging operations... big or small.
 Don't argue with me on this one. We are fighting the good fight.


5 comments:

  1. I love to pan, and should try it around here sometime. Good luck finding gold! Love T

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles...cant wait for the post that shows a big ole nugget...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to comment on the 'river' post but for some reason there was no comment form...anyway...yes, water! Precious and precocious...we have so much rain right now I will try to send the cloud gods messages to come your way! That beach would be amazing if you had it all to yourself in the hot months hey?
    I love the thought of the very bones of the earth...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one and only time I tried panning for gold the only thing I got was a bad sun burn. I have a friend in Sierra City who pans and has found some nuggets. Hope you and your husband hit the big lode. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that must be a relaxing operation! That's a beautiful location.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.