It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Comfort Food





10 comments:

Suz said...

yummy

Charming Baglady said...

Eggs & tomatoes! Who do you think you are, a Brit?!
Great minds think (almost) alike. This morning, after dropping Tanj at the hospital, I made my famous scrambled omelette with REAL pan-fried bacon, crumbled, and Jarlsberg cheese. YUM! So, looks like you've got a good appetite, I think that means you're on the mend!! Love ~Dawn

Kerry O'Gorman said...

One word...YUM!

Gramma 2 Many said...

There is not a cheese I enjoy more than Dubliner. Have never thought of adding it to eggs though. Might even make them palatable. I usually just slice off a hunk and chow down.

Laura~peach~ said...

DROOL!

Brian Miller said...

oh yum...bacon and cheese make anything good...

castlewon said...

yess! (& love Dubliner too)

Debora said...

Looks tasty, even though I don't eat eggs! Anything will taste good with cheese and bacon, LOL! Feel better!

Madeline's Album said...

Looks delicious. I just finished eating a plain scrambled egg. Hope you are feeling much better. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Paxie said...

Oh my this looks good. I'm getting ready to scramble a few myself but it won't be like this.

I would need a nap :)