Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, July 12, 2009

In Search of my Mother's Garden, I Found My Own


"This very act of planting a seed in the earth
has in it to me something beautiful.
I always do it with a joy that is largely mixed with awe."
-Celia Thaxter-

So how are your gardens growing? Artie at "Color Outside the Lines" is hosting @....http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com/Stop by this Blog and check out all the other blogs that show their gardens on Sundays. I hope you had a lovely weekend.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Lovely garden on a lovely weekend! Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, your garden is just lovely. You must have a green thumb :). Have a great day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is so peaceful. I can't believe your basil, and that wine barrel, filled with wildflowers with the foothills in the distance. Makes me heartsick for Amador County. I miss my peach tree!
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so envious, in AZ at the moment everything is fried! And in CO, it's just a jungle, er, a forest I mean, but it IS lovely & green up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um I would like to sit in that lovely wicker chair and bask in the fun of watching all the critters and admiring the garden. It's just plain lovely, afterwards you can offer your home made cookies and some thing nice to drink and then we will blab on for hours until the prospector just gives up and turns in for the night. A good garden and cookies can do that you know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.