It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And she made Bread Pudding for Dessert

This bread pudding turned out really good. I used this recipe I have had for years. It was in a magazine and an ad for Sun Maid Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread. I don't add the extra raisins and I use three eggs. I also add a teaspoon of grated orange rine and 1/4 teasp. of pumpkin pie spice. I use half & half instead of milk. I also press the bread pieces with a fork after I pour the milk and egg mixture on top of it to make sure the bread is completely soaked. You don't want dry bread pieces in your pudding.
The wildflowers were a pretty background for the recipe but I didn't think anyone could see the ingredients so I did a close up too.
It's all gone and it was really good. The Prospector, Sis and I finished it off. Try it, with cream or half & half...., or vanilla ice cream. Hmmm good!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

drool.....

Madeline's Album said...

Your bread pudding looks so good no wonder it is all gone. Love the bouquet of wild flowers. Have a great day. Madeline

Terry Busse said...

hummm... sounds good.
Happy cooking

Becky said...

YUM! Have I said that here before? lol

Roslyn Atwood said...

DH would be over in a minute for your bread pudding his fave. I used to make it a lot when the boys lived at home, rarely now, can't remember when I last did. Unless there is help to eat it we would HAVE to..........