Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who's Birthday is it Today?


Happy Birthday little man. Noni and Papa want to wish you a very happy day, filled with happiness.
You're our first grandson. You are very special. From the day you were born you were a package of determination, energy and vulnerability and this makes you who you are..., this wonderful little boy.
We love you so much.

Here is an old, favorite poem just for you...

Where did you come from, baby dear?
Out of the everywhere into here.

Where did you get your eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.

What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.

Where did you get that little tear?
I found it waiting when I got here.

What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.

What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?
I saw something better than anyone knows.

Whence that three-cornered smile of bliss?
Three angels gave me at once a kiss.

Where did you get this pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.

Where did you get those arms and hands?
Love made itself into hooks and bands.

Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?
From the same box as the cherub's wings.

How did they all just come to be you?
God thought about me, and so I grew.

But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought about you, and so I am here.

George MacDonald (1824-1905)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.