Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vintage Thursday: Pretty little things


A few weeks ago I found these two lovely liqueur glasses. They're so pretty and quite heavy for glassware. I have no idea who made them. They are clear glass with a flower design and have gold on the flowers and around the rim of the glass. The gold on the rim is almost worn off. I"m trying to find some information on them, so if anyone knows anything about them I would appreciate hearing from you.They look like they're all one piece, but there is a seam on the stem and down through the bottom.. The glass has a few very small bubbles in it. There were only two of them and they were only $2 each.

This small pitcher is another find and has the same feel as the glasses. This is probably pressed glass because I can see lines. The gold covers the upper part of the pitcher and is in fair condition. I don't have any other pieces of this kind of glassware but I think it's beautiful.
I have a collection of depression glass and a book on all the different kinds. This pitcher and these two glasses are not in the book. I don't remember what I paid for the pitcher but it wasn't expensive. These are heavy glass that has been used alot. They're not fine crystal or delicate., but they are very pretty. I love using them and do as often as I can.

To find more vintage things go to Colorado Lady and check out all the vintage loving people.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. maybe someone will know something about them, they are very pretty. I would bet they are worth something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of my Mum's old crystal, I think we kids broke a lot of it & of course her many house moves.
    I love it all-but where do we keep it?!
    Roslyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok question... what is the difference in depression glass and carnival glass... I have a couple of peices (will photo them today to show you) that were moms and I think they are depression glass she thinks carnival glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could help you, they are just so pretty. I love older stem ware. I have a weakness for the older heavier peices. I love the pitcher also. good luck finding info on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful indeed. I am sorry I don't know anything about them, but I love the design in the glass. Thanks for participating in VTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!
    I just put a couple of glasses like yours in the Antique mall. They are probably some sort of Depression pressed glass. Not being an expert--I often have to look them up on eBay or refer to a depression glass book to find the maker and name.
    Enjoyed!
    Blessings to you!
    Claudia O.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! And your goat post below was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. C. I love that glassware.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom has the same glassware and I have always liked it.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely glassware and I like the doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful glass and pitcher, sorry I don't know anything about it. My guess would be some sort of depression glass...thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.