It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Sister


What a joy it was to have you become a part of our lives. Look at you with Dad. You were so serious about everything, even as a baby. Maybe it was that overwhelming big sister of yours, but I loved you so much and I had waited so long that I just wanted us to have this close-knit bond that would last a lifetime. I think it has.

This is one of Mom's favorite pictures of you.I love it too. Is that a smile? Yes, it is. You were so sweet.

This is one of MY favorite photos. This is who I see. I love this person.

I wish you a wonderful day, a quick trip to the City, and a peaceful rest of the day.
Happy Birthday Sis, I love you so much.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Reba said...

Nice to know that it is Lisa's birthday. Your e-card to her is beautiful. I'm sure she will cherish it. Reba

Laura ~Peach~ said...

happy birthday sister :) and many many more!

Jan Ely said...

Happy Anniversary of your 29th B Day Lisa!

Jo said...

......and the love and closeness that you share with your sis is how it is supposed to be.