Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Do I have a treat for you....


This is the beautiful home of my friend "J" and her husband. I asked her if it was all right to take some photos of their house and do a post on my blog of her home at Christmas. She said "Sure". So here it is...., as a Merry Christmas treat.
"J" has lived in this old victorian house for at least 20 years. Well, they were doing the B&B on the weekends up here before they moved here; so I'm not sure exactly how many years they have actually been here full time.
About 15 yr's ago the prospector and I were looking for a place to sleep on one of our gold hunting treks to the foothills. It was late in the afternoon, the motels were full and we were very tired from a day of digging and panning. When we saw this beautiful house with a Bed and Breakfast sign out in front, we decided to stop and ask if they had a room. The two people that greeted us were outside cleaning the lovely grounds and when they saw us they must have thought we were crazy...., dirty clothes and all, but they were very nice and offered us an upstairs room with a bath on the same floor. This was one of the most gorgeous old homes I had ever seen. Lots of antiques and a garden that just made you want to find a place and sit a while.
We talked, relaxed( oh!, and cleaned up) and slept well. "J" made us a delicious breakfast in the morning that rivaled the most famous B&B's we had ever visited (I still have all the recipes). Thirteen years ago we finally moved up here and the friendship has continued since the first day we dragged our dirty bodies up their steps.

After all these years I still love walking into this home, especially at Christmas. It's a holiday "gift" all by itself. "J" has a knack for decorating and at Christmas she pulls out all the stops. She could be on the christmas home tour in our county. The whole house is a treat for the eyes.
Remember the Wordless Wednesday post I did last week? Those kittens, Kansas and Twister, live in "J"s house too. They are her kittens and I just had to show you more photos of them trying to be "good little kittys" when the whole house is a cat's delight of things to play with.
Thanks "J". You've always been a good friend. I love you. Merry Christmas.

Please click on photos to see them "close up".
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely old victorian house.
    Great pictures of it and all the decorations. I really enjoyed it. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, there those kitties are! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful!!!! thank you J for letting us in!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Love n hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a truly heartwarming story to share about the B & B and the friendship that came out of your gold panning.

    the home is just so beautiful and thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    I can see why you love to visit around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You so much Elly Mae for sharing sich a beautiful retreat with us. Be sure and tell J to check her front garden tour sign. I put my 5 cents in for the tour.

    Wishing you and the Prospector a Christmas filled with the warmth and love of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "J" sent me your blog. Thank you for sharing the photos of her home decorated for Christmas. Aren't the kittens adorable?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.