Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Road Home


These are photos of the San Joaquin Delta area that I drive through everytime I go to see Mom. It's so beautiful and there is always something to look at and take pictures of. Most of these pictures were taken on Brannan Island Rd. that cuts off the main highway(160) and comes back into highway 12 west of Lodi. It's my favorite short cut, coming or going. The top left photo is a bridge on Peltier Rd. in the wine country of Lodi . between interstate 5 and highway 99. If you live in Northern California these are wonderful "day trips" to take this time of the year. The little photo of the Pine tree is on the road up to my house and is the best part of the "Road Home".
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I know this area well. Many of my growing up weekends with Dad were spent at relatives' houses dotting the landscape around these parts. Good memories! Thanks! : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.