It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Now the Fun Begins

The package arrived an hour before I left on Thursday. So I took a picture of my beautiful, new Nikon D40, then tucked it away in it's box until I got home this afternoon.
I've read all the directions and charged it's little rechargable battery. I told it that I only speak English and have set the time and date. My next step was to insert the memory card. I looked in all the little boxes and there was no memory card. This camera comes with everything but the kitchen sink, but it doesn't come with a memory card? Guess it's like film and you have to buy it separately. I could have sworn the Canon Power Shot came with a card. Oh well, tomarrow I'll go get one and then the fun begins.
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to".... be without a memory card. Sorry Shakespeare, just a little play on your words. I think I need some sleep. I'm getting a bit silly. That's what happens when you spend four days with a 2 and 3 yr. old. and then come home to the camera of your dreams. It's fun to be as excited as a kid about something.

Tomarrow I will treat you to ~Halloween with the Bambino's~. My old Canon point and shoot outdid itself. Got some really cute photos. Tell you all about my visit tomarrow. Goodnight.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becky said...

Can't wait to see the pics. That camera looks fantastic... bet your old one is jealous so it is trying extra hard now ;-)

Good night.