Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, July 25, 2008

Signs of the Elusive

On my walk yesterday in the early evening I found three tracks in the dirt road. Can you guess what these are? One is fairly obvious and the other two are more difficult. They were all in the soft dirt at the turn( what we call the switch back) on our road. It is the only place where the road is flat and has a build up of very fine, soft dirt. We find tracks all the time here.
Take a guess and we'll see if any of you are good "Trackers"


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm going out on a limb here and going to guess that the second one is snake tracks. The third I think might be bear tracks. And the first one looks a lot like tracks that we found here in the snow last winter. They were fairly large, but when I really got close and studied it I found it was several rabbit tracks that were bunched up together to look like some sort of larger critter. So tell me Ellie Mae, what are they really.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested to know who went there, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.