Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Short Trip

I'm going down to the Bay Area to see my Mom for a few days. She's going to be 90 years old this July and has taught me a lot about how to be a brave senior citizen. She has always been my shining example of how to be a really good mother and beautiful human being. I try to go down every month and the time that I spend with her is a gift. I'll take some pictures and post them when I return next Thursday.

There was an eclipse of the moon last night around 7:00 p.m. but we didn't see it because of the clouds. Sacramento did and a lot of the valley towns. We must have been too close to the mountains and too far under the clouds because we missed the whole thing. Darn!

Earthquake centered in Wells, Nevada; 6.3 mag. this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is a shining star to quite a few of us - she began inspiring me when I was a young girl, as you know so well. What grace she has always brought to living her life, now as always.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.