Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Long summer... lot's of fires in Napa, Santa Rosa and surrounding areas
 Horrible destruction of homes... lost human lives and dead animals.
 Now the fires ravaged Los Angeles and Santa Barbara County..
 and continue to burn. 
So, as we head toward Christmas and a New Year...
 lets be thankful for the gifts that we have in our lives.
It's hard to see the blessings when so many suffer around us,
 but do what you can do and try to make someone's life easier.
 Put up that Christmas tree
 and decorate the heck out of it.
 Life is short and we don't know what is around the corner...
 so be happy and live in the moment. 
It's all we have. 
 







6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back, farmlady! Love your Christmas tree ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, we must all make the best of each day. No promise of tomorrow. Blessings for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you here! We have been pretty absent as well! Back soon with our blog! Still hoping to get us all together to meet one day!!! Merry Christmas from Gold Country Girl Sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved your post, but I still haven't put up one decoration. I did wrap presents while listening to Christmas music. Didn't help
    though. I'll try again today I'm old,tired and caring for my mother who is sinking into dementia. I guess that could explain a lot. BUt my kids are all doing well, even the one with the chronic illness.
    So yes I will try again today to get with the Christmas spirit
    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Connie! I love your ornaments and decorating :) I wish you and your family all the best life has to offer <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying this "getting back into blogging" thing. I've missed you more than I realized!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.