Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Oh, the heaviness of summer.

I've been home for a few weeks. All I do is complain about the heat and... I water.
Think good things Farmlady...
*The tomatoes are still thriving.
*The chickens are still given us eggs.
*There have been no wildfires close to us.
*We have air-conditioning.
*The well hasn't run dry.
*The turkey have returned.

... but the leaves are falling, early, from our trees
  and the garden is sad.

Even Hotei is not happy.
 It's going to be a long end to the summer.

7 comments:

  1. so glad you are not in the midst of the fires...I think our entire state is burning and the smoke is getting to the point that they warn us to stay inside. Too hot to be out anyway. Trying not to complain, more of a concern than anything else. LOVE the new header, very Fallish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reframing of an attitude that heat waves and such can bring on strong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You counted your many blessings. I am still praying for rain for you. Love your new header. Have a blessed day. Madelline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, yes, you need to perk up somehow! I am glad you thought of a few good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new header Connie! We finally had rain last night and it was heavenly...but still will take days and days of it to penetrate the earth...still I think she gave a big sigh around here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right with you on the complaining about the heat. Blehhhhh, it's just hard to deal with and, honestly I have a hard time getting motivated. That's not good when you have so much that needs to be done! I'll get there.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new header is outstanding! Beautiful photo! It's been a crazy summer...but are we heading into a crazy fall season too???? You have leaves that have fallen already? Good grief! They are predicting a wet and cold season ahead for us in the Rocky Mountains...but then they say that every year. Maybe this year it will be true. Nevertheless, I hope your summer blues fade soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.