Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, August 22, 2014

Deep thoughts...

In the spring I found this beautiful flower on the side of our country road.

This lovely, blue flower was a charming hello on my spring walk.

Tonight I saw it again and its end of the summer appearance is much different than before. 

The seeds are still inside waiting for the winds of Autumn to blow them back into the ground so they can reappear in the Spring of the following year.

This is why I think the concept of reincarnation has some merit.
There would be a seed inside of me that would wait...
In a place that no one can find... for its own safety.
When I die, whether I'm cremated or just put back into the ground, that seed will lay in wait, until the right forces are in play and then...
I will bloom again.
Only in a different way and I'm sure it's more complicated than this.
But, who knows...
Maybe it isn't. Maybe it's just that simple.
Maybe that seed is this flower's heaven...
And its hope.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. i like the thought of that seed inside us...protected and waiting...that little blue flower looks a bit like a fallen star...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. Have a blessed day and wonderful weekend. Madeline

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.