Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, September 24, 2012

Creative Visualization

"Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level. We need to literally 'count our blessings,' give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, and relish the experience of prosperity we already have.” ~Shakti Gawain~

Do you see the "infinity" pool that reaches out to the edges of my mountain top? Do you see the beautiful reflections of the grape arbor and the blue sky of the early morning?

Alas, it is not the pool of my dreams. In reality, it is a birdbath in my back yard.
This morning I filled it with water and saw myself swimming to its edge, resting my head on the warm, sunsoaked concrete "sand" of this container. A miniature me, swimming in the luxury of this round deep pool with a stunning view.
I breathe in the fragrance of the lavender, spreading into its own reflection, in this pool of my imagination.
Avoiding the one visionary rose that survived the summer heat and never needed watering.

My swimming is over. I feel the heat of the day starting to seep into my pajama clad body. No bathing suit? No, it was only a moment of creative visualization. But... a fine one.
I will leave the infinity pool of my dreams to the sweet, yellow finches...
To the beautiful bluebirds.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts of mini you...Oh to live in a parallell universe...but creative visions seem to work just as well. How lucky to have bluebirds. We don't have them here and the pretty goldfinch have gone south to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not be as big as the one in your dreams but hey .... it's easier to clean. Love the shots of the birds. The goldfinches I get here are more like the one on the rightt, there are lots of them here around February but never see the really yellow ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OhMyGosh you got me with that picture of the Bluebirds splishin' and a splashin'! I love your imagination and miniature you enjoying your infinity pool.. :) Sweet post Farmlady, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh...not a bad view off your infinity pool...smiles...and a lovely dream of your time in it as well....maybe one day..until then appreciate the beauty of the life that visits it...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, as here, reality can be as nice as creative visualization.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I'm sure the pool is an infinity pool to those sweet little birdies...and to think that you are their kind benefactor! Makes me think of a scripture that exhorts us to consider the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap and yet our heavenly Father feeds them. (with a little help from you!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to day dream. I liked the vision of the minature you swimming in the pool (bird bath). The pictures are great as usual. Have a blessed day and keep on dreaming. Madeline

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.