It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Historic Watson Cabin, Tahoe City, Lake Tahoe










5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

great view out that window...i love the outside more than i do the inside....the inside looks a bit modernized in the pics...love the rustic look of a cabin though...

Suz said...

surely Brian gests....that's not modern
It reminds me of the cliff house at the Clearing in Ellison Bay Wisc...scary, but beautiful
...the look I'm going for :)

Madeline's Album said...

Great photos. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Pauline said...

Great shots. The second last really captures my imagination and I love the pic of the old stove.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

looks like a little dream cabin to me...I love these little time machines.