It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Sunday, August 26, 2012

On the road again.

I will be gone for almost a week. I'm going down to see my family. The Beans (my two grandsons) start school on Wednesday and Noni (that would be me) wants to be there. This also gives me a chance to visit with my son's, and my sister, and my extended family.
See you in a week...

While I'm gone Carl and Cutter will guard the farm... and the Prospector... and the rug...

8 comments:

joanne said...

Yep, they look to be on bed guard duty alright!! Have a great trip and get lots of bean lovin' to hold you over for a few weeks. Travel safe friend.

Tombstone Livestock said...

So glad the rug will be well guarded while you are gone, I'm sure they will do an excellent job. Have a fun, safe trip.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Have a wonderful visit!

Brian Miller said...

they look ever ready to defend...smiles....travel light, be safe...have fun...

Madeline's Album said...

Have a safe trip. Enjoy your family. Have a safe trip back home. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Chicken Wrangler said...

So glad to know they are on duty! You should not have to worry while you're away!

susanc said...

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip!

Suz said...

who will be guarding whom?
and who will cook?