It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Some Days are like Shelling Hardboiled Eggs





5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha and sometimes they are easy and others a mess...smiles...

Madeline's Album said...

That's the way my hard boiled eggs look like when I try to get the shells off. Have a blessed day, Connie, and a very happy mother's day. Madeline

Teri said...

Must be fresh eggs! I had the same problem when I boiled some fresh frim the hens. How old do you think the ones from the market are if they shell differently than fresh? Makes me wonder!

Pauline Woodcock said...

What a great simile! Thank heavens they aren't all like that!

Karen Deborah said...

I hate it when eggs do that! I have never known why some eggs peel slick and easy and others tear off in chunks. Maddening.