It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Beauty that Grows on Rock






7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love moss, great photos! When I was little I used to feel sorry for the dried up moss on the rocks and trees and would water them so they would green up and look pretty. I think the moss is very happy right now! Love T

Tombstone Livestock said...

Great pictures.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beauty. everywhere.

Jo said...

I have always found it amazing how another life form can live on a rock an actually thrive. Wonderful photos Ellie Mae.

LV said...

Beauty is all around us if we would just look. I am glad you took the time to find it and share with us.

Brian Miller said...

nice...moss is really cool...have a great little hike i like to take with my autistic kid...he loves texture and there is a huge boulder covered in moss and he loves to run his hands over it...

Madeline's Album said...

Great pictures. I love your new header what pretty flowers. Have a blessed day. Madeline