Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I have to share this with you.

My friend C, her daughter and C's new little pup, Max, came up from Sacramento for lunch today. Enjoyed the visit so much. Her daughter is visiting from Boston and it was so good to see her again. I watched her grow up in Mendocino, California where C use to live. She has grown into a beautiful and intelligent young lady.
Momma C, you did good. It says something for raising children in a Pigmy Forest. You gave her roots and wings and ... creativity. You painted tennis shoes and built her tree houses. You gave her a magical upbringing and you should be proud.

So, I didn't do a post today for all the entertaining, but tonight I was reading some of my favorite blogs and I have to share this post with you.
I'm sending you over to read Nancy's post. It's wonderful.
 
Go To: http://shepherdsvoice.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-new-year.html

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Farmlady! I'm glad you enjoyed my annual New Year post. I found the verse a number of years ago and spent hours and hours online looking for the photos to put with it. I would love to get a poster-sized print made of it!

    I hope 2012 treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there'd be a lot more bears around....it sounds pretty good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...i will pop over...and your friend and how they raised their child...i hope to create that kind of magic myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to Nancy's post as you suggested. Enjoyed it very much. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning :) hope you have a wonderful blessed day!
    love n hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. A bear. I loved it and thanks for sharing. Going to have lunch and start my hibernating with a long nap!! xoxox

    Glad you had such a wonderful visit with your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok I'll go and read it. I enjoyed thinking about a mom in Mendicino who painted shoes and built tree houses---very cool.
    Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With having six children, my mom didn't have a lot of 'individual' time for each of us but she did encourage each of us in our individuality and allowed us to explore all kinds of worlds in our reading. We read a lot in the days before t.v. I'll go and check out anyone you suggest in your posts... after reading your blog for several years I know any referral by you will also be an adventure...

    By the way, I posted about Texas Trash today if you are still curious...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.