It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm not Basking in the Bahamas.

Contrary to public opinion, I'm not sunbathing at the beach, enjoying a fun workshop or shopping til I drop. I'm house sitting.
Please disregard the sad puppy post yesterday. Cutter was eliciting sympathy and he got it. (click on comments).
All is well. I'm in charge of a very tiny Yorkshire Terrier that is a Pit Bull in disguise.... very funny little girl. Yesterday morning I left a donut in a bag on the table in the livingroom and guess who ate it for breakfast. Never underestimate a determined little dog when donuts are involved. She is fine. I was told she has a sensitive digestive system. Well.... the donut didn't come back up. It settled in her little stomach nicely.... and I swear she had a smile on her face all morning.  I suppose I didn't need the donut anyway.
Lizzie wants out at around 6:00 a.m. and breakfast right after that. She has dinner at 6:00 p.m. sharp. She hates cats. She loves company and she misses her family. She is also a very good watchdog.
Cutter and Carl need to cut me a little slack. They are getting extra love and puppy cookies from the Prospector back at the ranch. THE ARE JUST FINE.

4 comments:

Terra said...

I agree with you that your own doggies should cut you a little slack, and I am sure they are being well pampered.

Madeline's Album said...

House sitting and baby sitting a small dog. Have fun I know your husband and animals will be glad when you are back home. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Brian Miller said...

haha. have a great time at the beach..try not to get too burned...sounds like they are in good hands...smiles.

Katherines Corner said...

what a lucky pup. :-)