It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monomania.....I have found my new middle name.

In 19th century psychiatry , monomania (from Greek monos, one, and mania) is a single pathological preoccupation in an otherwise sound mind.
Wikipedia.org

7 comments:

Terra said...

Is your new middle name "Knitting"? Monomania is an interesting word.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Haaaa! It's good to have an obsession that results in something tangible, don't you think? :-)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Ah, but it's the "otherwise sound mind" that matters ;) You can be as obsessed as you like, I'm impressed with your work.

Madeline's Album said...

I have learned something new from you. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

jojo said...

hahahaha..cute!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I'd say it's time to go to a feltaholics meeting!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to leave a comment on your latest post but for some reason the comment box wont open for me! You know sometimes it just wont work...who knows why! Well, just so you know I love the obsession you have and think your work is just beautiful. I really need a better hobby!! Hope all is well on the farm!!
Eve
http://sunnysideup-eve.blogspot.com/
http://petsandpetalsphotography.blogspot.com/