It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Rusty Ol' Things





9 comments:

Chef E said...

I love rust and wood...would be my favorite anniversary present some day! Also describes my vision of a the wool creation you might make for someone...Wood and Rust, maybe a poem too...

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Rust and old wood...some think it's junk...some think it tells a story! The old sythe looks like a toucan.

Madeline's Album said...

What great old tools. They may be rusty but if they could talk what stories they would tell. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Karen Deborah said...

Don't old things talk? love the pics.

LV said...

Even though I do not want to go back to the days of my farm life, I still enjoy seeing the things we used back then. Truly enjoyed these pictures.

Joan said...

I really love that second photo! Thanks for sharing. =)

Paxie said...

For a long while I was obsessed with primitive. Now most of the stuff is in "the room" stuff from the attic. What to do...

I absolutely love old and wood and rust :)

Velva said...

Awesome!!! A very creative Wordless Wednesday. Love it.

Velva

Eve said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!