It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Mushroom and the Oak Leaf

Look deep into nature,
and then you will understand everything better. 
~Albert Einstein~

4 comments:

Terra said...

I like your photo; it is unique, and Einstein's quote is apt.

Reddirt Woman said...

What a wonderful photo... makes me want to break out my colored pencils and do a sketch or two. Thank you for sharing!

Helen

Madeline's Album said...

What a great quote by Albert Einstein. Nature is one of the most fascinating features on this earth. Have a blessed evening. I love the picture. Madeline

Paxie said...

I will be happier when it gets just a tad warmer to get out and enjoy. There is still snow on my deck, but I'd love to go out and just sit and look :)