It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thought for Wednesday....It's just one of those days.

"Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands and then eat just one of those pieces" ~ Judith Viorst~
..... Oh well.


11 comments:

Velva said...

This made me smile. Awesome.

LV said...

No way would you or Iwould do this. One bite calls for much more.

Heidi Ann said...

Love it! I definitely could not stop at one piece.
Long live chocoholics!
(Hopefully.)

Sherry O'Keefe said...

oh! what a tease!

really great shots of chocolate. and now guess what? your photos reminded me i have a hershey bar in my lunch bag.


*munch munch*

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I'm not very strong either!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

This was soooo good! I wonder how many people (like me!) will be looking through cupboards for some chocolate now!?!

Thanks for the smile!

Chef E said...

Heh! that is me...no will power, but I figure its fuel to get me moving!

Midcenturymadam said...

Chocolate is made for eating...not to sit on a plate and look pretty. You did the right thing!

Riki Schumacher said...

Exactly! I agree. Hugs, Riki

Madeline's Album said...

Chocolate lovers never leave not one piece of chocolate candy on the plate. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Debbie said...

I love the plate and would have been disappointed had you not indulged in life's simple pleasures....