Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The sun isn't gone.... it's just behind a cloud.

Sometimes we aren't sure what is going to happen and we have insecure moments of doubt... so we find a good lap, tuck our paws under and hope for the best.




It's always good if someone finds the right place to scratch.
It can make all the difference in our day when someone bothers to stop and give us some one on one.


Then we feel the sun and forget the rain....and even though we know that there will always be something waiting to pounce on us....

We will look on it with compassion and without malice because it is what it is... and life needs to be accepted with all it's hidden chaos. It is our life and
we are here.

"The great sea has set me in motion,
set me adrift,
moving me like a weed in a river.

The sky and the strong wind
have moved the spirit inside me
till I am carried away
trembling with joy."
\
Uvavnuk (mid-19th-early 20th century)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and the words in the poem "carried away trembling with joy" are so apt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are just great. This post is very profound, enjoyed it immensely. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes it's a hurricane. When the therapists gently rub and touch all my owies I feel just like that puppy, and they definitely know exactly where to scratch. comforting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your other blog face the yellow and all the pictures, but we all like change. This is so much change I get surprised every time I come back to your "house."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I just came over for a visit from Expressly Corgi and see that you are another corgi mama!
    I am mama to a 2 year old Welsh Pembroke tri-color named Chelsea Kabob because she is my little Kabob!
    I can tell from what I've seen from this visit that I will be back!
    Hoosier hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I needed to hear words like yours...thanks for giving me perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Connie, love the poem and the pics. Life is good, yes? Hugs, Riki

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.