Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Shoot Out ; with a camera


I think I'm finally getting this BOKEH technique down.
Remember what Bokeh is?
In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or (derived from Japanese word "boke", meaning 'blur') - In photography, refers to the creative use of lens blur as a composition.
The photo above is a White Globe Lily.


This is a common Thistle, but I don't know what kind.


The Red Clover is everywhere right now. As I walked up to the top of the hill it's like a carpet beneath my feet.

I had no photos of a "Zoo" (the photo topic for this week), so this is my maverick Friday Shoot Out.
For "Zoo" photos go here.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I want to learn how to do that! I need to get out the books and read about bokeh.

    I don't know how peonies would grow in your area. Ask the people who sell them and get instructions on where/how/when to plant them. I have them in a garden area on the east side of the house. They bloom before the trees are totally leafed out so they get morning sun. I haven't fertilized them or done anything special to them. A plant that you buy for $20 or so here should last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blur - beautiful shots, especially the clover.

    But, but...no zoo photos? You're surrounded by zoo photo opportunities! You and The Prospector have created your own private zoo, from that horde of hummingbirds at the porch feeder, to the chickens living at the Chicken Hilton Hotel to those rascals, the goats. Oh, and then there's the two Corgi imps. Yes, a real zoo you've got going!
    smoochas,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly enjoyed your maverick post. And, yes, you do have that dreaded bokeh worked out. Here we would say you have it "sussed" but I don't know if you use that expression. That first shot of the lily is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your maverik zoo! I have one of those this time too! Great photos of flowers, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shot of the white globe lily. By Gosh Elly Mae I think you done went and got it!
    Looking forward to more of your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the technique of bokeh down great. What great photos. Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.