Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, March 19, 2010

For Jan, who's always asking about Squeeky


Hey! Who let the chickens out? They are in my garden again. Look at this. Dirt all over the place!

Napoleon? Can you please keep your girls in line? Do they have to make such a mess. I know you're a bantie rooster and most of the hens are twice as big as you ,but you've got those big spurs on your feet. Do some serious @$$ kicking and get them under control.

...and where is Squeeky? My little bantie who always thinks the sky is falling? She's all broody again, but this time she's "setting" her own eggs so I guess I will leave her alone and let her try. Last year she just wanted to sit on all the big eggs and would never leave the nest. What a problem child she is. Why wouldn't she want to be outside, in the beautiful weather, with the rest of the flock. Look at her! Such a pretty little, confused chicken, but I love her.

And I leave you with this...

Why did the chewing gum cross the road?
Because it was stuck to the chicken.

It's that kind of day....


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. How cute are these chickies...especially your bantie. Love how you named them all.
    I would love to visit your little piece of heaven I know it is nice.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... chickens! I still want to get some chooks next spring, but my biggest problem is deciding what I want. I've got the hen house all lined up, the partial fence in (they have to be kept away from the daycare children) and I'm basically all set to go. Other than knowing what I want!
    Now that pic of Squeeky has me going all clucky, so I'm swaying towards a coule of little Banties!
    Or maybe some Domineckers...or Leghorns... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday! I always loved having chickens. The only problem with that is the foxes and possums love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Farmlady,
    I came here by way of Jojo! Here, I thought no one ever commented on your blog, and I'm #3 today! Your chicks are cute, but I don't want any. We used to raise BIG ones...ostrich. They are just like chickens, except a LOT bigger!

    Have a good, sun-shiny day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are Beautiful chickens!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.