Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gratitude


...for finding the first wildflower of the season.

..,for long walks with the pupster and the beautiful place that I live.

...for the daffodils blooming in the garden..., for the phone call from my youngest son telling us that he has finally gotten a job after being laid off for over a year..., for my friend "C"s slow but sure recovery from her knee replacement surgery..., for the ability to see, to reason and write about my world..., for the sound of my grandsons laughing when they play together..., for a husband who loves me in spite of my obsessions and inability to clean up the garage clutter..., for the phone call from my oldest son, just to talk and see how we are..., for my sister and her kindness and love..., for my friends..., for life..., and for the owl, I heard last night, calling from the oak tree below the vegetable garden..., I am so thankful.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. That's wonderful about your son's job and your friend's recovery! Yes, there are many things to be grateful for. Have a wonderful day Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So I have spent my life watching, not to see beyond the world, merely to see, great mystery, what is plainly before my eyes. I think the concept of transcendence is based on a misreading of creation. With all respect to heaven, the scene of miracle is here, among us. The eternal as an idea is much less preposterous than time, and this very fact should seize our attention. In certain contexts the improbable is called the miraculous.

    What is eternal must always be complete, if my understanding is correct. So it is possible to imagine that time was created in order that there might be narrative -- event, sequence and causation, ignorance and error, retribution, atonement.

    A word, a phrase, a story falls on rich or stony ground and flourishes as it can, possibility in a sleeve of limitation. Certainly time is the occasion for our strangely mixed nature, in every moment differently compounded, so that often we surprise ourselves, and always scarcely know ourselves, and exist in relation to experience, if we attend to it and if its plainness does not disguise it from us, as if we were visited by revelation." -- Marilynne Robinson, "Psalm 8", from "The Death of Adam"

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me thank you for your visit to my blog and your nice comment. I am so glad to hear your son has found a job, and that your friend "C" is doing well after her knee replacement. I too have lots of reasons to be thankful. God has blessed me many times over. Have a blessed evening and may God continue to be with you. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice, I always enjoy looking at all my wonderful Blessings...the smallest, everyday things that bring us so much joy! take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos, and good news! Thank you for sharing this with us. It's always so nice to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, that's what I'm talking about. Thanksgiving isn't just for Thanksgiving Day, is it? Have a great day.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU for all your wonderful stories, pictures and comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, and your corgi is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.