It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Monday, January 25, 2010

What to do on a rainy day.

Play with the Pupster....
Bake a Impossible Coconut Pie.
..., and this morning.., watch the dogs do the thing they do best.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Chef E said...

AH! I want coconut pie, and I am hiding under there with the pooky :) at least on my sofa I am...

Ha, word verification is 'Apyliz'

Karen Deborah said...

I don't know which is more appealing, lying next to the dogs and taking a nap or eating pie.

Madeline's Album said...

Your pie looks so good. The dogs both look like they are having a good time just lazying around. Is it still raining there? Have a good day. Madeline

Chicken Boys said...

I think I might make a buttermilk pie this weekend, since they are saying wintery mix for weather.
~Randy

patty said...

What cute dogs! Maybe if I lay down beside them I could get a slice of that good lookin' pie.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Love your collage with the pup!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Your coconut pie looks awesome!

A piece of that pie and a cuppa would go sooo good in the weather we're having here.

Susan said...

You are so very inspiring to me! I would call your style "earthy elegance"!!! I can't think of a better combination. :-)
Thanks

Eve said...

Love it! The perfect rainy day fun!!