It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Monday, September 28, 2009

Murph' has a poem


~Murphy~

Murphy, oh Murphy
Will you be mine?
I'll let you eat rosebuds
and pansies divine.

I won't ever scold
and won't ever forget
that you have my heart
in your pocket, my pet.

This poem was sent to me by Julie Whitmore.
She is an extrordinary pottery artist who lives in Cambria, CA.
Thank you Julie.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LV said...

That is such a cute poem. The goat looks like he might be getting ready to take leap over the fence. A really neat post.

Eve said...

There is nothing like a poem from a friend for you! I love it too!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

You would havae to be a cement statue not to fall in love with that sweet face........
what Murphy really deserves is a sonnet.

xx

Madeline's Album said...

What a cute poem, Murphy really does deserve it.