It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Sunday, January 18, 2009

What We Must Learn

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW--What a ride!"- Author Unknown



(grandson on his second birthday~2008)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

castlewon said...

great picture! (I like your clock too :-)

Mike Golch said...

I totally agree! I know that when it is time for me to go Home that I can proclaim,Man what a ride!

Karen Deborah said...

I hope to hear, "well done"
very cool piccha