Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Next May...., Asilomar.

Where did that sister of mine go? This visit was way too short. Two days are not long enough at all. We didn't even have time to make the beds....



















We have this wonderful habit of bringing something for each other when we visit. She arrived with this great, old witch. I love the expression on her face. She doesn't look like she ever "casts spells". Maybe she just goes around looking for children so she can read them stories. Maybe she's just an old witch and has decided to retire.
















...., and it was wrapped up in this charming Halloween bag.
















Thanks Sis. Thanks for coming up for a few days and for bringing me the sweet old witch. I love her. I think she'll like it here.

We actually did go somewhere yesterday. We drove over to Amador City to shop in a few favorite stores. One of our absolute favorites is Sandy's Country Living. It's one of those little places that you can't go into without buying something. Lots of Halloween things and vintage pieces that you just don't see in other stores and her prices are always reasonable. We didn't buy a lot , but we sure had fun looking. You can always get wonderful "ideas" in Sandy's store. She is a great buyer and decorator.

Today Sis had to leave after lunch so we stayed home and just relaxed . We did get on the internet and we registered for the Asilomar Art and Soul Workshop next May. We have been trying to get a class with Nina Bagley, a jewelry artist , for a long time and the classes would fill up so fast that they would be closed before we could register. Well, we finally made it. The 3 day workshop is called "Mystorian Necklace & Book. We will make a necklace using some of our own "found objects" and also make a book that is a story made up of gathered relics and embellishments. We can't wait. I don't know if any of you have ever been to Pacific Grove. It's on the Pacific coast, between Monterey and Carmel. This is where Asilomar Conference Center is and it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. We will be staying at the Center and they will feed us...., and it's within walking distance of the ocean. Doesn't that sound wonderful?

The Prospector is still fishin'. He called tonight and said that they caught 11 fish today. He's having a great time. The weather is beautiful and the lake is low. The weather is great there because he's in the mountains. Here, today, it was 100 degrees . Summer has decided to return for a while. I'm so tired of hot weather. It's time for a change and I'm ready , ready, ready....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you had a great time with your sis. The witch is cute...she does look like she is looking for someone to read to. I can't wait to see your necklaces, I hope you post pics. I have been to the Monteray area before and I loved it... took our honeymoon there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the witch, wish I had her to go with all my other halloween decorations. I have been away from northern California for quite awhile now, but it being my home state I love reading about the places that are still very fond in my memories. Have you ever been to Nevada City? When I was growing up it was a small town, now I believe lots of people from the big cities have retired there. So glad you had a nice visit with your sister. Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  3. The work shop sounds like a wonderful getaway. I can't wait to see what you make from your found treasures.

    When I have those special feelings about things that I just feel is going to happen or that something is wrong in my world I call them my witchy feelings. What a great gift the witch was because I know you have those feelings as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.